How to use social media for Small Business success

Social Media for a small business and those who don’t have experience with social media platforms may be completely scared away as it is complex and contains a large number of platforms. However when a small business is fixed to grab social media by the horns, that business will reap benefits in no time at all.
Here’s what small business owners need to do to understand social media, and prepare themselves to venture a social media journey:

How to use social media for Small Business success

How to use social media for Small Business success

  • Start Small:
    Although that may sound simple, it’s crucial to social media success. As a small business you have limited time. Adjust some time in your current day to day activities to add social media to it. Find which social platforms will best suit your marketing needs. Do not dive into every single platform that is out there because it seems like you need to. It’s not necessary and you will find yourself drowned in it. Once you decide your platform, learn the rules of opening a business account on that platform, get a feel for how others use the platform, figure out what kinds of posts get the most engagement, and most importantly think about your business and how you’ll be able to use this platform to reach your target audience.
  • Check Out Your Competitors:
    It is probable that some of your competitors are already on social media. What are they doing? Try searching in Google for their social media accounts and look at what they are doing; the things they are posting, what their fans like, what their fans do not respond to, how often they post, and what else you may find.  From here you can get an idea of how to use that platform for your business, and how to move ahead from your competition. If you cannot find any competitors, or you are the first in your area of your industry to jump on social media, then you can check other businesses social accounts even if they’re not direct competition for you.
  • Understand Social Success:
    Your target market out there is waiting to learn more about your services and / or products. So tell them what you do, where to find you, and what type of products you offer. You may think you have nothing to share, but you do have something. As a small business, you can share your story and your products with your audience! Social success lies in keeping fans hooked by finding the right balance of posting promotional content, informative content and fun content. It takes you sometime and some trial and error to find the perfect balance, but you’ll get there. Now before you jump in, ask yourself this: what is it that I want to achieve by using social media? Define your own terms of success.
  • Know The 80-20 Rule:
    You must be familiar with this rule, and in social media this is the meaning: 80% of your posts should be informative–excerpts and links to your blog posts, images, videos or sharing other people’s posts etc.  Remember not to share information that’s not so relevant, but information that benefits the audience that follows you. Be aware that if you spend most of the time talking about your business, you may end up sounding too pushy or absorbed and turn fans away. That’s why 80% of your posts must convey the information. The remaining 20% of your social posting can be related to your business. You earned those fans, and you can tell them about your products, services and promotions so feature your business and sales pitch away!
  • Set and Track Goals:
    It will be extremely hard to measure how well you are doing, or where there is room for improvement if you are starting social media without setting any goals.  Set some goals about what you want to get out of social media. Goals can be about engrossing your audience, increasing the number of fans, frequency of posting, and so on. After setting your social business goals, remember that along the way you may likely end up pulling off them and adding to them. Review your goals at regular intervals and compare to your statistics, to check where you stand, what you need to improve, and where you want to go next.

Apple just introduced their next version iPhone7 & iphone7 plus on September7 2016 in USA. Find more details of iPhone 7 Price and features.

I’m Rajendira Prasad – passionate entrepreneur, blogger & digital marketing strategist. I am doing blogs on various niche websites like iPhone7 Reviews & iPhone7 Prices and running a technology company – Mensagam, Real Estate venture Daxcon Builders, also I am working on several other groundbreaking initiatives. Do you want to connect with me, I am available on Facebook & Twitter, Google+ come on let’s Cheer-up.
How to use social media for Small Business success by

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *